Your data may be collected through various methods – you might purchase a watch via our website and provide us with your payment details and delivery address, you may join our mailing list and provide us with your first name, last name and email address or you might have cookies enabled on your web browser and we will use these to collect anonymised data about your browsing habits. This policy provides details on how we collect data, why we collect it and how it is stored.
Definitions and interpretation
Data – collectively all information that you submit to POVEY WATCHES LTD via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws
Cookies – a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in our Cookies Policy
Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Director 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) of the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK
GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
POVEY WATCHES LTD – a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10708517. Our registered address is 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT.
UK and EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)(Amendment) Regulations 2011
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by POVEY WATCHES LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to POVEY WATCHES LTD and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
Website – the website that you are currently using, www.poveywatches.com, and any sub-domains of this site
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, POVEY WATCHES LTD is the "data controller". This means that POVEY WATCHES LTD determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
How we collect Data?
Directly Provided Data – this is data that we collect that is provided by you. When you give this information to us it requires a direct action from you and, as such, is deemed to be ‘directly provided data’. We collect data in order to respond appropriately. Examples include:
- you opt-in to receive direct marketing via our mailing list
- you contact us using the form on the Contact Us page on our website
- you place an order for a product via our website or one of our social media channels e.g. Facebook, Instagram
- you voluntarily complete a customer survey
- you provide us with feedback
- you participate in a competition
- you complain
- you ask to join our mailing list on meeting one of our team. In this instance we will ask for your first name, last name, email address and then our email marketing provider will email you for you to confirm that you’d like to opt-in to receive email marketing.
User Authorised Data – this is data that you give us permission to obtain from other businesses. For example, if another website jointly runs a competition with us, they will send us a list of the entrants who opted to receive our email newsletter as part of their entry. The information we obtain from such third parties does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies, so you should always regularly check what those are. We will only arrange such joint promotions if it is made clear how the data will be shared with us.
System Collected Data - when our systems, or those of companies we engage with, collect information or data as you use our website or other services. Whenever you use a website, or read an email, there is certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the system. For example:
- When accessing www.poveywatches.com, we use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our website, unique to your browser) to make it easier for you to use the website, improve your shopping experience with us or so we can log data relating to the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit. These cookies may be “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) or “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser deletes them). You can find further details about cookies by reading our Cookies Policy.
- In addition, the type of device you’re using to access www.poveywatches.com and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
“‘Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
We only have these details if you provided them to us voluntarily.
We collect the following personal data from you when you place an order with us:
- first name, last name, shipping address, billing address, telephone number and email address
Note – payment data is processed by our payment providers, Paypal and Stripe
We collect the following personal Data from you when you opt-in to our mailing list:
- first name, last name and email address
We collect the following personal Data from you when you contact us using the form on our website:
- first name, last name and email address
- any personal data you supply us with in explaining the nature of your query
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent - In our case, this applies to direct marketing. You need to opt-in to receive direct marketing from POVEY. You are able to remove your consent to receive direct marketing from us at anytime. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of one of our emails or by using the form on the Contact Us page.
(b) We have a contractual obligation - This legal basis applies when you order a product from us via our website or one of our social media channels e.g. Facebook or Instagram. You can read more about our contractual obligation in our Terms and Conditions.
Our use of Data
We may use the information held about you to:
- Process your orders and manage your account
- Keep records for the proper administration of our business
- Update and manage our customer and marketing databases
- Ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- If you opt-in, to email you about other products we think may be of interest to you
- If you opt-in, to provide you with a copy of our product brochure
- Provide relevant social media content
- Carry out market research and analysis
- Administer and improve our website, including trouble-shooting, data analysis, testing, and research
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and deliver relevant advertising to you
- Provide performance information so we may be able to manage, review and improve the efficiency of our business, its procedures and processes
- Confirm your identity and help prevent fraud
- Keep our website secure; comply with applicable law; enforce and apply our terms and conditions; protect the rights and property of POVEY WATCHES Limited, our customers and others
Direct email marketing
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in: soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
When we will share your information
We may share your information in the following circumstances: To business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you, such as sharing your name and address with our shipping provider for the delivery of an order e.g. DPD, FedEx, Royal Mail and DHL.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of POVEY WATCHES LIMITED, our customers or others.
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
How we will not use your data
POVEY WATCHES LTD will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes, and will not sell or seek to make financial gain from your information, aside from our own marketing activities.
We do not store or retain your financial information, such as credit card numbers. All website payments are taken by third parties who give us details of you, your order number and status of the payment, but not your credit card numbers.
How we store your data
Your data is securely stored on online servers provided by our:
- website provider – Squarespace
- payment providers – Paypal and Stripe
- e-mail marketing provider – Mailchimp
We keep a record of sales stored on a local computer. This password protected record will only include your name and the country to which your item is being shipped. It does not contain any other information about you.
We do not keep any physical data records.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- to support a claim or defence in court
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please use the form on the Contact Us page or write to us at POVEY WATCHES LTD, 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT if you wish to make a request.
Links to other websites
You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number - 0303 123 1113
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.